At block 100k savenode (sno) masternode collateral is increasing from 8000 SNO to 16000 SNO. this will happen in around 2 days from now. Reward seems to remain at same level, but reward frequency seems that will become faster.
So what to do? if you dont have a running masternode and you want to setup one, you just have to collect 16000 sno and create a new masternode. There is a new masternode software and new wallet to be installed.
If you, instead, already have a running masternode, you will have to do as follows:
- wait near the moment of arriving to block 100k
- unlock the transactions connected to masternode/s. To do this, go into wallet, masternode.conf file and comment out the masternode definition. Then restart the wallet
- in this way you will unlock the old 8000 sno funds.
- now create a new transaction with 16k sno
- go back into masternode.conf file on the wallet and configure with the tx hash and tx id, while masternode private key remains the same. restart the wallet
- go to the vps and update the software and reboot the daemon
- go back to the wallet and start the masternode from masternode view
- check if masternode is running on vps side with “savenode-cli masternode status” command
- that’s all
We cannot know if this kind of masternode will remain a good investment or not. But if you want to run this kind of MN again after the raise of collateral, you have to do the steps described above.